Chairs Opening AddressSpeaker: Simon Rawlinson, VIEW BIOG
Keynote – Nell Watson
Speaker: Nell Watson, VIEW BIOG
“Let’s Get Judgmental” – Analyzing & processing Revit Projects for automated output & validation of COBie data
This session will present how real-life architectural projects have used Dynamo Studio to accelerate time consuming challenges like model maintenance/auditing Revit models, verify the data and preparing it for COBie export.
We will explore how Dynamo Studio can automatically create valuable project reports and export them to Excel and Power BI. For example creating reports of elements which have not been modelled to best practice, flagging them in the model to streamline corrective actions.
We will also touch on some limitations of Revit dealing with warnings and automated workarounds to help correcting them.
Finally, I will demonstrate ways to check your data before exporting for information exchanges and creation of COBie data.
Speaker: Thorsten Strathaus, Flanagan LawrenceVIEW BIOG<http://www.bimshowlive.co.uk/speakers/?view=programme174&speaker=174>
‘Auf Wiedersehen, BIM – an International Perspective
Across the globe data is becoming a critical raw material of the modern construction organisation turning that into meaningful insight will drive a new wave of sector innovation.
As we enter a new cognitive era of construction there are many questions that need answered:
• How will AI and machine learning impact on construction?
• Is there a growing need for under understanding and reasoning and insight based on an industry awash with data?
• What will machines learning to scan huge amounts of data to predict costs and get clients best deals – mean to the professions?
From BIM mandates to supplier innovation we are witnessing digital disruption on a worldwide scale. This presentation will examine the key issues of improved functionality to the existing BIM value proposition and show how this is manifesting across the globe.
Case studies will be referenced especially from Australia and New Zealand including who Transport for New South Wales (TfNSW) are and why are they spending AU$11Bn/yr. on infrastructure
– the TfNSW Digital Engineering Scoping Study:
– Capability and Capacity
– Information Requirements
– Processes and Procedures
– Impact on supply chain across Australia and government approach to DE/BIM
– I3<http://www.aecom.com/solutions/security-resilience/i3-aecom/>. AECOM’s new Information Management service:
– overview, genesis, market plays, project examples (Denver Airport, Sydney Opera House)
– Summary thoughts on future of industry – Construction 4.0
Speaker: Steve Appleby, AECOMVIEW BIOG<http://www.bimshowlive.co.uk/speakers/?view=programme189&speaker=189>
Keynote – Peter Runacres, Argent
My presentation on augmented reality with a quick run to the station to get the train back to the smoke which means I miss the closing sessions.