Be very precise in what you ask for when asking for a model as part of your BIM level 2 methodology, otherwise you might see the following:
- When it’s a series of 2d images imported and arranged like the set from blazing saddles to give the impression there are different views of the 3D data set.
- As above but using 2d cad data instead.
- Where objects are in fact imported “dumb” geometry and are limited to making easy 2d coordinated (still better) information. But limited in use.
- When there are objects laid out in plans but the heights are not considered so it’s “intelligent” 2d cad with ambiguous use.
- All this is before you start looking at how models are configured internally with regards to data.